Riverwalk Market Fair Seeks Market Manager for 2017 Season…
The Riverwalk Market Fair is seeking a Market Manager for the 2017 season. Interested parties should submit their resume’s via e-mail to email@example.com.
Riverwalk Market Fair
Market Manager Position Description
Scope of work:
The Manager should be committed to fulfilling RMF’s mission of providing an open-air summer Saturday market and sales venue for local farmers, food artisans, and artists.
- Respond to email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com in a timely manner,
- Assist with vendor recruiting including participating in annual vendor meeting,
- Manage all aspects of vendor registration including ensuring completed vendor application forms, maintaining full and accurate vendor records, collecting and submitting all vendor fees, and facilitating jury process
- Schedule vendors, Youth Booth vendors, youth activities, entertainment, and Friends of the Market and assign market locations each week,
- Gather data from vendors including vendors’ sales, input from vendors used to improve the market,
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations including obtaining necessary City permits, monitoring vendors for compliance with RMF, city and state regulations, and updating vendors and Board members on changes to relevant state or local regulations,
- Coordinate with any other groups or events scheduled to share Bridge Square with RMF,
- Promote the Market by writing and distributing press releases, updating social media accounts and website, and gathering vendor information and market images,
- Supervise Assistant Market Manager
- Staff the information booth and oversee poster sales
- Manage all aspects of the Market including being present on site from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. each market, answering vendor inquiries, resolving vendors’ concerns and mediating conflicts between vendors/customers,
- Ensuring safety at the market by implementing the disaster plan when necessary, contacting Northfield emergency services, and making determinations to close the market in severe weather, and
- Provide monthly reports to the Board and other reports as requested.
Manager reports to the RMF Board of Directors; a Board Member will be designated to supervise the Manager. The manager is an independent contractor who will use their own office and equipment, including phone, to perform duties.