2016 Media Kit
Riverwalk Market Fair: The art of a summer Saturday 2016
When: Every Saturday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.; June 4 – October 22, 2016 (Closed for Defeat of Jesse James Days, Saturday, September 10)
What: Riverwalk Market Fair is an open-air Saturday market located on Bridge
Square in historic Downtown Northfield, Minnesota. Each Saturday Fair offers a different combination of locally grown seasonal produce, artisan foods, food vendors, a juried selection of art and fine crafts, live entertainment, and activities for the whole family. What to see: Most Riverwalk vendors live within 50 miles of Northfield.
- Arts and fine crafts: paintings, prints, fused glass, handmade jewelry, photography, ceramics, metal sculpture, wood creations, and wearable art.
- Local and organic farm products: vegetables, herbs, meats, honey, fruit, and cut flowers.
- Locally produced goods: Beeswax candles, skin care products, soaps, and locally roasted coffee.
- Delicious foods by local culinary artists: pastries, homemade breads, baked goods, sweet and savory treats, jams & jellies.
- Live music, arts and craft activities for children, theatrical performers, artists demonstrating their craft, and other family-friendly activities.
Where: Bridge Square, Downtown Northfield, Minnesota. Located within an hour’s drive of Minneapolis-St. Paul and Rochester. History: Founded in 2010 by local artists and entrepreneurs, this one-of-a-kind European style, open-air market showcases produce from local farmers, artisan foods and a variety of works by regional artists. Originally started as a venue for local entrepreneurs to market their products, Riverwalk Market Fair has become a valued community asset where local residents gather, as well as a popular visitors’ destination.
Website: RiverwalkMarketFair.org. Visit the web for current list of seasonal produce, farmers and artists profiles, upcoming Riverwalk activities, and information about visiting Northfield.
Events: Each week a press release is issued that provides a list of events and highlights for the upcoming Saturday, including that week’s: featured farmer, featured artist, scheduled entertainers, market partners (local non-profits), and Youth Booth participants. The same information is posted on the Welcome/Home page of the Riverwalk’s website. (If you would like be included on the media list to receive these weekly updates, contact Nancy Stroessner, Market Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Driving from the Twin Cities: Drive south on Interstate 35 to exit 69, Highway 19. Drive east on Highway 19 six miles until you reach Highway 3. Cross Highway 3 (becomes 5th St.). Turn left at the first stop sign. Bridge Square is straight ahead on the left. (Free parking available.) Driving time about 50 minutes.
Driving from Rochester: Drive U. S. Highway 52 north to Cannon Falls. Take Highway 19 west to Northfield. Bridge Square is on the right in downtown Northfield. (Free parking available.) Driving time about one hour.